B2+ Business English communication
Develop your English language skills for the workplace
This course is for you if you are already a competent user of English, but you want to develop your speaking and writing skills further in connection with your work. You will have the opportunity to focus on the areas in which you feel you need the most training. The goal of the course is that you improve your skills further and become confident when communicating in English so you are better able to handle the challenges of your job.
Each week, we will focus on key aspects of English for the workplace such as:
- Writing difficult emails that are challenging in relation to the subject matter
- Managing Skype calls with multiple participants
- Writing formally and informally
- Handling interruptions, arguments, questions and signposting during meetings
- Business-related vocabulary
We will use communicative tasks to practise the English skills needed to be effective in common workplace scenarios such as:
The course is not based on a course book. Instead your teacher will provide all the teaching material, which is taken from a variety of interesting and relevant sources and is included in the price. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to share your opinions and ideas with your fellow students. You will develop your skills in a relaxed and friendly environment to help you succeed in the workplace.
The Moodle learning platform
Moodle is the online course platform of Cambridge Institute, which we use for all our courses. You will be given personal access to your course Moodle page, where you can:
- Find your course plan and teaching material
- Find homework
- Watch videos and click on links to useful English resources on the Internet uploaded by your teacher
- Find practical information about each lesson
- Communicate with your teacher and fellow students
- Follow the teaching and catch up if you are ill or absent during the course.