The test is a combination of two methods: self-assessment, where you assess your own skill-level, and a standard test, where you choose the correct answer.
The test assesses "grammar and vocabulary", "reading skills" and "listening skills". "Oral" and "written" skills will only be assessed through self-assessment.
Each section of the test starts with a self-assessment – here you assess how good your language is in particular situations. Based on this evaluation, the test will then take you to the appropriate test level.
Log on to the test
Before you can take the test you must register with your name and email, so we can send the test results directly to your email.
- Fill out the boxes with your full name and email address.
- Click “Start the test”.
- We will send an email with a link to the language test. If you have not received our email, please check your spam folder.
- Activate the link in your email. Once you have done this, you will have 48 hours to access the test.
- Follow the test instructions on the screen.
- Once you have completed the test, please press "send to email" in order to receive an email with your result. The result will also be sent to the Cambridge Institute.
How long does the test take?
The test will take between ½ hour and 1 ½ hours. You can stop the test and log in again to finish it at a later date.
How do you get your result?
When you have completed the test, your result will be shown on the screen and can then be emailed to you.
The test is run in accordance with the Common European Framework Reference for Languages. The result will show your current level in relation to the reference framework and in relation to the level of Cambridge Institute's courses.
If you cannot find a suitable course, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help you.
Find your level
Test your level with our online language test in English. When you know your level you can enrol on the right course.