B1+ English communication at work
Develop your English language skills for the workplace
This course is for you if you are interested in developing your English language skills for the workplace. Because we know that using English at work is different from conversational English, this course will give you the skills and confidence you need to communicate effectively in a professional environment.
Each week, we will focus on key aspects of English for the workplace such as:
- Writing emails
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Formal and informal writing
- Participating in meetings
- Business-related vocabulary
- Social English and networking
We will use communicative activities to study and practise the English skills needed to be effective in common workplace scenarios such as:
The course is not based on a course book. Instead your teacher will provide all the teaching material, which is taken from a variety of interesting and relevant sources and is included in the price. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to share your opinions and ideas with your fellow students. You will develop your skills in a relaxed and friendly environment to help you succeed in the workplace.
The Moodle learning platform
Moodle is the online course platform of Cambridge Institute, which we use for all our courses. You will be given personal access to your course Moodle page, where you can:
- Find your course plan and teaching material
- Find homework
- Watch videos and click on links to useful English resources on the Internet uploaded by your teacher
- Find practical information about each lesson
- Communicate with your teacher and fellow students
- Follow the teaching and catch up if you are ill or absent during the course.